Re: New Iguana. Somewhat worried.
Posted by Sammy on 2/25/2018, 9:16 pm, in reply to "Re: New Iguana. Somewhat worried."
1. Yes, she is the only one in the tank. |
2. I've gathered bits and pieces from multiple sights and ended up adding some common sense as far as which things to actually implement.
3. The places she hangs out at is pretty random. She'll be at the basking light for a while, then i'll notice her on the log that's propped off the floor, sometimes she'll crawl onto the plants in the corner. I'd say she's pretty much hung out all over the tank.
4. I do have 2 big water plates that each hold about 1" of water. And we do change the water and clean them if we noticed she was in it, or if we noticed she pooped in it.
5. Yes at 7:25pm when the lights go out, we turn all lights off and the TV. Been making the wife stay in the bedroom instead of hanging out on the couch lol.
Yea we knew what we were getting into. I tried to learn as much as we could, and we were actually going to wait another month before we got her, but when the lady told me her other iguana was "bullying her"(they were kept together in a 25 gallon tank), I just had to get her our of those living conditions.
Yea after hearing about other iguanas growing so quickly, and her not at all, I definitely got worried. We do have a local vet that handles reptiles and we were going to take her this week, but I was thinking the same about her just needing to get use to her new home for a bit. I'll wait another month (unless it gets worse) to see how she does.
I didn't think of drenching the food. I'll start that first thing in the morning.
Thanks for your response! Really appreciate the advice and letting me know I am doing some stuff correctly.