July 14th 2012 on Lake Hickory. Registration starts at 6pm. Tournament hours are 7 pm -- 8 am at the Whittenburg Wildlife Access in Bethlehem.
All NCCATS tournaments are 100% payback. No membership fees. NCCATS tournament entry fee is $40.00 per boat which already includes $10.00 for the Big Fish Pot. Cash only! No checks accepted! No mail-in entries. Places awarded depend on the number of boats entered. For more information on NCCATS tournaments call Kevin Custer at 704 -682-8101 or Omar Edwards at 828-312-4486. NCCATS is a not-for-profit organization.
2012 NCCATS Tournament
Rules & Regulations
1. Teams must compete from a boat. Teams must compete from the same boat. No bank fishing is allowed. Teams must leave by water at weigh-in site. No trailering is allowed unless announced by the Tournament Director. All NCCATS Tournaments are catch and release. All fish weighed must be alive. Alive meaning gills or mouth must move under the fish's own power. All fish weighed must be released. Weigh Master, Tournament Committee and or Tournament Director will make a final decision on any fish if it is alive or dead. It is the sole responsibility of each team and every effort should be made by your team to keep your team's fish alive up to being weighed in. Aerated coolers are recommended to help keep fish alive until being weighed in.
2. All fish must be caught by rod and reel with hook and line only. No fish may be taken from trot, jug, limb line, or any commercial type fishing. There is no limit on the amount of rods and reels that any one person or team may use during NCCATS tournaments. One to three persons can fish as a team. Contestants may not fish within 150 feet of another contestant's anchored boat. There is no rod & reel limit.
3. A team limit of 3 fish maximum must be alive to weigh-in on all lakes except for Lake Norman and Lake Badin where there will be a 2 fish maximum limit and a 5 fish limit on Lake Hickory. Fish brought to scales by a team must be caught by that team in tournament waters during tournament hours. Teams must be in weigh-in line no later than tournament ending time. Weigh Master must be notified of your team's arrival before ending time. Every effort will be made to keep fish alive. It is the sole responsibility of each team to keep their fish alive.
4. All rules and regulations of the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission will be observed at all times. All North Carolina state laws will be observed. Any infractions of these rules and regulations will result in disqualification. ZERO TOLERANCE FOR CHEATING!
5. All participants in NCCATS events are subject to a POLYGRAPH TEST. Any team having a member who fails or refuses to take a polygraph test, that team will be disqualified and that team will not be allowed to participate in any future NCCATS Tournaments. Any protest must be made to the NCCATS Tournament Director. All protests will be brought to the Tournament Director and the Tournament Director will call on the Tournament Committee and any decision of the Tournament Committee and or the Tournament Director is final. In case of a protest, no monies will be given out until a final decision has been made by the Polygraph Examiner, Tournament Committee and or Tournament Director. Decision of the Polygraph Examiner, Tournament Committee and or Tournament Director is final. Cost of the Polygraph Test will be taken from the purse monies of that tournament and then paid out to the places awarded for that tournament after a final decision has been made.
6. NCCATS tournaments entry fee per boat/team is $40.00. A big fish pot of $10.00 per boat/team is already included in the tournament entry fee. NCCATS tournament events are 100% payback to places awarded. Places awarded will depend upon number of boats entered. In case of a tie, the teams that tie will split the award for that place. NCCATS is a not-for-profit organization. Cash only! No checks accepted!
7. NCCATS officials will also be competing in tournaments and will adhere to any and all rules and regulations and are eligible to win any and all prizes of each NCCATS Tournament. All prizes will be given away by random drawing at NCCATS tournaments if available or otherwise noted. Each team will be given a ticket with a boat or team number for that tournament and this number will also be your number in the random drawing for prizes for that tournament.