Gumby's Mark McGwire Message Board
[ Post a Response | Gumby's Mark McGwire Message Board ]
Posted by SW52 on 2/11/2009, 8:17:41, in reply to "Re: ARod
I don't think you can just consider one part of a players career for the HOF...I think the arguement that Bonds was a HOF'er before his steroid use is insignificant...the career has to be judged as a whole.
That said, playing the devil's advocate here, McGwire was not a HOF caliber player prior to 1996. You listed his stats right after saying he was Hall worthy prior to steroids, yet the stats you list are his career totals. He hit 305 homeruns from 1996-2001....a staggering 245 homeruns from 1996-1999...his run of 52,58,70, and 65 homeruns...those totals are what would have him in the HOF.
- ARod - Dave 2/8/2009, 13:42:27
- Re: ARod - SW52 2/9/2009, 12:04:05
- Re: ARod - Dave 2/10/2009, 10:54:02
- Re: ARod - SW52 2/10/2009, 12:19:02
- Re: ARod - Dave 2/10/2009, 14:58:38
- Re: ARod - SW52 2/11/2009, 8:17:41
- Re: ARod - Dave 2/11/2009, 8:37:01
- Re: ARod - SW52 2/11/2009, 10:00:07
- Re: ARod - Carlie Medina III 2/11/2009, 18:22:44
- Re: ARod - air max 4/18/2012, 21:14:17
« Back to index