Thanks Boffer, but........... QD
Posted by Nellie on May 8, 2012, 10:43 am, in reply to "Greville Ivy Brooches"
May I request posters to put a special alert on messages that will now disclose info from the book?
May I suggest prefixing the Subject each time with QD ?
I'm not suggesting that people should delay, as they get their copies, but I plan to stay out of such posts until I get my own copy.
: I have received my copy of the Queen's
: Diamonds, and these brooches are featured on
: pages 254-'55
: " The Greville Ivy-Leaf Clips
: Cartier, London, before 1930 and 1937
: Diamonds, platinum
: These clips ... were made by Cartier for
: Mrs. Greville, one apparently before 1930,
: when a diamond was reset, and the second in
: 1937, using her own stones. At this point,
: the earlier piece was modified to match the
: new clip. They were bequeathed to Queen
: Elizabeth in 1942, and they were given to
: Princess Elizabeth by her parents to mark
: her 21st birthday, during the tour of South
: Africa in 1947. The Queen continues to wear
: the clips regularly."
: (Hugh Roberts, The Queen's Diamonds ,
: (London: Royal Collection Publications,
: 2012), pp. 254 - 255).
Message Thread | Skip to this response ↓|
- Queen Elizabeth II - pair of brooches - Nellie May 6, 2012, 7:49 am
- Re: Queen Elizabeth II - pair of brooches - Alex G May 6, 2012, 7:57 am
- Re: Queen Elizabeth II - pair of brooches - Barbara D. May 6, 2012, 8:14 am
- Re: Queen Elizabeth II - pair of brooches - Alex G May 6, 2012, 9:43 am
- Greville Ivy Brooches - Boffer May 8, 2012, 10:30 am
- Thanks Boffer, but........... QD - Nellie May 8, 2012, 10:43 am
« Back to index | View thread »