Re: QD ... The Queen's Diamonds New Information
Posted by Boffer on May 9, 2012, 6:14 pm, in reply to "Re: QD ... The Queen's Diamonds New Information"
The Duchess of Teck's Tiara that is featured and illustrated, giving it's detailed history, is indeed the crescent and flower tiara was was also featured in Munn. |
The Teck Circle Necklace is neither featured, nor mentioned.
It is suggested by Roberts that Queen Mary had her own Fringe made, as Queen Adelaide's Necklace sat awkwardly on a tiara frame, thus she commissioned her own. I can provide all the information if desired.
In regards to the loose stones. It is said that both Cartier had jewels stored in their vaults that were the property of Queen Elizabeth (the Queen Mother), and were used by them to create pieces she commissioned, the provenance of these stones is not give, it simply states that Queen Elizabeth's Palm-Leaf Brooch and Queen Elizbaeth's Lily Brooch were made with "some of the diamonds from Queen Elizabeth's collection of loose stones held by the firm".
In regards to the stones held by Garrards, it states that these were Crown Property, not personal property, as Roberts states that in 1950 there were "154 loose collets that Garrard had marked with a 'C' (for 'Crown') in 1911". Further stating that Queen Mary often used this collection of loose collets for "extending her existing collet necklaces".
: I don't understand why, with Queen Victoria's
: fringe available to her, Queen Mary had
: another fringe tiara made. The Queen now
: has too many fringes and, except for Queen
: Alexandra's fringe tiara, wears them very
: Boffer, which tiara is meant by the Duchess
: of Teck's tiara, now lent to the Duchess of
: Cornwall? Is it the one we call the
: crescents tiara? There is also the circles
: necklace, but only QEQM seems to have worn
: that as a tiara. I wonder whether the DoC
: will wear the Teck tiara eventually.
: Loose diamonds already owned are often
: mentioned. Are there sources for these
Message Thread | Skip to this response ↓|
- QD ... The Queen's Diamonds New Information - Boffer May 8, 2012, 12:12 pm
- THANK YOU :-) - Christian May 8, 2012, 1:14 pm
- Re: QD ... The Queen's Diamonds New Information - Juscha May 8, 2012, 2:02 pm
- Re: QD ... The Queen's Diamonds New Information - maud May 8, 2012, 2:12 pm
- Re: QD ... The Queen's Diamonds New Information - Cristina May 8, 2012, 2:19 pm
- Thank you so much! - Ayvee May 8, 2012, 4:11 pm
- Fanfare for Europe - LittleMo May 8, 2012, 4:52 pm
- Re: QD ... The Queen's Diamonds New Information - jinja May 8, 2012, 5:36 pm
- Re: QD ... The Queen's Diamonds New Information - windsorfan May 8, 2012, 6:13 pm
- QD ... More Information: British Diamond Collet Necklaces - Boffer May 10, 2012, 11:04 am
- QD ... More information: Surrey Tiara, Alexandra’s Circlet & More. - Boffer May 10, 2012, 11:08 am
- Re: QD ... The Queen's Diamonds New Information - Andrew U May 10, 2012, 10:49 pm
- QD ... Queen Elizabeth's Greek Key Wedding Necklace: Image Request - Boffer May 10, 2012, 11:40 pm
- Picture - Lorenzo May 11, 2012, 1:12 am
- Thank you - Boffer May 11, 2012, 1:43 am
- ring - joye May 11, 2012, 2:07 am
- Re: QD ... The Queen's Diamonds New Information - Laurene Lilling May 11, 2012, 5:39 am
- QD ... The George IV Diadem and Dagmar Necklace - Brock May 11, 2012, 6:28 am
- Re: QD ... The Queen's Diamonds New Information - Nathanial B May 11, 2012, 12:00 pm
« Back to index | View thread »