Again : a big big thank
Posted by Franck on May 10, 2012, 5:20 pm, in reply to "QD ... More Information: British Diamond Collet Necklaces"
Thank you so much for all theses informations !!
It was so great ! I am very pleased to know that her Majesty owns the the Queen Mary's sautoir and the Queen Mary's choker.
Sad that Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother left the Duchess of Teck's diamond necklace to Princess Margaret.
Do you have informations about the huge diamond necklace worn by Queen Alexandra for her coronation. I think this necklace has been dismantled.
I think Queen Elizabeth owns severals others diamond collets necklaces (I came back to home very late tonight I will explain you on sunday). I think she owns also the Queen Adelaide's collet necklace (It might be the other one left to the crown)
Last but not least, do you think that her collection of jewels is more important than it is described in the book. As a matter most of jewels owned by Queen mary seems to have been dismantled or altered. Her collection seems smaller than we could imagine.
: This new publication provides some
: interesting information on diamond collets
: and diamond collet necklaces that are owned
: and have been owned by the British Royal
: I can provide more detailed quotes if more
: explaining is needed.
: - Queen Charlotte's Collet Necklace .
: Inherited by Queen Victoria, passed to the
: House of Hanover as part of the Hanoverian
: - Queen Adelaide's Collet Necklace. This
: was a necklace of 158 collets inherited by
: Queen Victoria from Queen Adelaide in 1837.
: Three stones from this necklace were used to
: lengthen 'The Coronation Necklace' in 1911.
: - The Coronation Necklace (Previously
: referred to as 'Queen Victoria's Collet
: Necklace'). This was made in 1858, to
: replace Queen Charlotte's necklace that had
: been lost of Hanover.
: It used 28 stones.
: Queen Mary removed two large stones to use
: as earrings in 1911, (these were thus
: replaced by 3 stones from Queen Adelaide's
: Collet Necklace); it thus contained 29
: However, in 1953, The Queen shortened it
: from 29 stones to 25 stones.
: - Queen Alexandra's Collet Necklace . This
: was a wedding-gift to the Princess of Wales
: by the City of London in 1863. It consists
: of 31 diamonds. It passed to Queen Mary in
: 1925, and to the Queen in 1953.
: - It is noted that upon her death in 1953,
: Queen Mary owned eight collets at the end
: of her life. Of which she bequeathed two to
: The Queen (one of which was Queen
: It is noted by Roberts, that The Queen wore
: Queen Alexandra's collet necklace in Canada
: in 2010 (which features in an earlier
: - The Duchess of Teck's Collet Necklace .
: This necklace passed from the Duchess of
: Gloucester to the Duchess of Teck, it was
: described as a necklace of 49 stones. This
: necklace passed to Queen Mary. And in 1953
: it was among the eight collet necklaces that
: she owned. It was left to the Queen Mother
: (who wore it to the 1953 Coronation of her
: (There is a complicated history of the
: necklace constantly having stones removed
: and then later re-added).
: It passed to The Queen in 2002.
: - Queen Mary's Sautoir . This was created,
: in 1928, from another large diamond collet
: necklace that Queen Mary had purchased from
: the Grand-Duchess Vladimir in 1921.
: - Queen Elizabeth’s Coronation Necklace .
: This collet necklace dates from the
: mid-nineteenth century and originally
: contained 40 diamond collets. It was given
: to Queen Elizabeth by George VI in 1937
: (although no record survives as to where
: this necklace was purchased).
: It was inherited by The Queen in 2002, since
: then, it has been loaned to The Duchess of
: Cornwall, who has shortened it by nine
: - In addition to these necklaces that are
: mentioned. It is also mentioned that Garrard
: held a collection of loose diamond collet
: stones since 1911, which were marked with a
: ‘C’ for Crown Property. These stones were
: used by Queen Mary to extend and alter
: collet necklaces. In 1950, there were 154 of
: these loose collet stones held by Garrard,
: when 105 were used to create ’The Queen’s
: Festoon Necklace’ (which was later
: shortened by 10 stones in 1953).
: NOTE: I have not attempted to track a
: chronology of these pieces. As that is
: pretty much impossible to do. Even Queen
: Mary noted in her jewellery inventory that:
: "The collets are constantly altered
: according to the way the necklaces are
: Which makes it almost impossible to track
: the constant changes made to them.
: However by my calculations the Queen now
: owns five collet necklaces:
: 1) The Coronation Necklace (Queen Victoria's
: 2) Queen Alexandra's Collet Necklace
: 3) The Duchess of Teck's Collet Necklace
: 4) Queen Elizabeth's Coronation Necklace
: (loaned to the Duchess of Cornwall)
: 5) A second collet necklace bequeathed to
: her by Queen Mary.
Message Thread | Skip to this response ↓|
- QD ... The Queen's Diamonds New Information - Boffer May 8, 2012, 12:12 pm
- THANK YOU :-) - Christian May 8, 2012, 1:14 pm
- Re: QD ... The Queen's Diamonds New Information - Juscha May 8, 2012, 2:02 pm
- Re: QD ... The Queen's Diamonds New Information - maud May 8, 2012, 2:12 pm
- Re: QD ... The Queen's Diamonds New Information - Cristina May 8, 2012, 2:19 pm
- Thank you so much! - Ayvee May 8, 2012, 4:11 pm
- Fanfare for Europe - LittleMo May 8, 2012, 4:52 pm
- Re: QD ... The Queen's Diamonds New Information - jinja May 8, 2012, 5:36 pm
- Re: QD ... The Queen's Diamonds New Information - windsorfan May 8, 2012, 6:13 pm
- QD ... More Information: British Diamond Collet Necklaces - Boffer May 10, 2012, 11:04 am
- QD ... More information: Surrey Tiara, Alexandra’s Circlet & More. - Boffer May 10, 2012, 11:08 am
- Re: QD ... The Queen's Diamonds New Information - Andrew U May 10, 2012, 10:49 pm
- QD ... Queen Elizabeth's Greek Key Wedding Necklace: Image Request - Boffer May 10, 2012, 11:40 pm
- Picture - Lorenzo May 11, 2012, 1:12 am
- Thank you - Boffer May 11, 2012, 1:43 am
- ring - joye May 11, 2012, 2:07 am
- Re: QD ... The Queen's Diamonds New Information - Laurene Lilling May 11, 2012, 5:39 am
- QD ... The George IV Diadem and Dagmar Necklace - Brock May 11, 2012, 6:28 am
- Re: QD ... The Queen's Diamonds New Information - Nathanial B May 11, 2012, 12:00 pm
« Back to index | View thread »