Re: Queen Victoria's Emeralds
Posted by Dmitry on May 29, 2012, 7:22 pm, in reply to "Queen Victoria's Emeralds"
The design of the necklace closely mirrors that of the sapphire necklace from the French Crown jewels, which ended up with the Cholomondelay's, albeit sadly altered in recent years. |
: Hunting for an image on the Royal Collection
: Website, I stumbled across this painting
: that depicts some of Queen Victoria's very
: impressive Emerald Parure.
: None of which is listed in the 1896
: Inventory of her Jewels, which indicates
: that it must have been dispersed of to one
: of her relations prior to that occasion.
: Does anyone have a picture of the tiara
: being worn at the State Opening of
: Parliament in the 1960s, to see whether or
: not they are also wearing this very
: impressive necklace as well.
- Queen Victoria's Emeralds - Boffer May 29, 2012, 4:58 am
- Re: Queen Victoria's Emeralds - Monica May 29, 2012, 8:50 am
- Re: Queen Victoria's Emeralds - Baxter May 29, 2012, 2:22 pm
- Re: Queen Victoria's Emeralds - Dmitry May 29, 2012, 7:22 pm
- Re: Queen Victoria's Emeralds - PJ Kiser May 30, 2012, 4:23 am
- Re: Queen Victoria's Emeralds - Queen Mother pic - Nellie May 30, 2012, 4:34 am
« Back to index | View thread »