Re: Queen Victoria's Emeralds - necklace
Posted by Ursula on May 30, 2012, 4:13 am, in reply to "Re: Queen Victoria's Emeralds"
this picture of Queen Victoria with the emerald necklace and tiara (not the brooch - like the pic of George Koberwein) from my website, was a present to Baron Stockmar and ist now also owned by his family. |
There is a picture of Q-Mum with a necklace in size and design like this:
: The design of the necklace closely mirrors
: that of the sapphire necklace from the
: French Crown jewels, which ended up with the
: Cholomondelay's, albeit sadly altered in
: recent years.
: --Previous Message--
: Hunting for an image on the Royal Collection
: Website, I stumbled across this painting
: that depicts some of Queen Victoria's very
: impressive Emerald Parure.
: None of which is listed in the 1896
: Inventory of her Jewels, which indicates
: that it must have been dispersed of to one
: of her relations prior to that occasion.
: Does anyone have a picture of the tiara
: being worn at the State Opening of
: Parliament in the 1960s, to see whether or
: not they are also wearing this very
: impressive necklace as well.
- Queen Victoria's Emeralds - Boffer May 29, 2012, 4:58 am
- Re: Queen Victoria's Emeralds - Monica May 29, 2012, 8:50 am
- Re: Queen Victoria's Emeralds - Baxter May 29, 2012, 2:22 pm
- Re: Queen Victoria's Emeralds - Dmitry May 29, 2012, 7:22 pm
- Re: Queen Victoria's Emeralds - necklace - Ursula May 30, 2012, 4:13 am
- Re: Queen Victoria's Emeralds - PJ Kiser May 30, 2012, 4:23 am
- Re: Queen Victoria's Emeralds - Queen Mother pic - Nellie May 30, 2012, 4:34 am
« Back to index | View thread »