Re: Photo - HRH opening first Federal Parliament of Australia
Posted by Royal Enthusiast on June 9, 2012, 1:34 am, in reply to "Photo - HRH opening first Federal Parliament of Australia"
18.104.22.168 | Message modified by user Royal Enthusiast June 9, 2012, 1:35 am
: Yes - surely she is that child. Anyway I
: have now found the photo.
: It is only because of the white sash of the
: Royal Order of Victoria and Albert that we
: can pick out HRH THe Duchess of Cornwall and
: And she pressed an electric button that
: started a message sent back to King Edward
: Not much different from the Queen using the
: crystal to light a beacon.
One thing I notice is the artistic liberty taken by Tom Roberts with his portrait. The stage upon which the dignitaries stood was not some grand marble like platform as depicted by brush. Nor is the interior building fashioned of stone.
When you compare the photograph with the portrait it is evident to all that the portrait itself is greatly romanticised.
Not uncommon for the era.
Message Thread | Skip to this response ↓|
- [Not] First portrait of Queen Mary - Nellie June 8, 2012, 2:19 am
- Re: First portrait of Queen Mary - Aaron June 8, 2012, 3:44 am
- Re: First portrait of Queen Mary - Royal Enthusiast June 8, 2012, 3:51 am
- Queen Mary’s bridal rivière and Lady Sarah Chatto - Nellie June 8, 2012, 5:20 am
- Re: First portrait of Queen Mary - Duchess of Cornwall & York in Melbourne - Davo June 8, 2012, 5:39 am
- Another challenge - Nellie June 8, 2012, 7:22 am
« Back to index | View thread »