Re: Photo - HRH opening first Federal Parliament of Australia
Posted by Royal Enthusiast on June 9, 2012, 3:01 am, in reply to "Re: Photo - HRH opening first Federal Parliament of Australia"
--Previous Message-- |
: Romanticised, but of course. Thank you RE
: for the exchanges. I have enjoyed them.
: I have also enjoyed celebrating the Diamond
: Jubilee of the Queen of Australia.
: All great fun. And I had the concert
: playing in the background.
: Shortly we will have another episode of The
: Diamond Queen.
: Australian TV seemed slow to catch on.
Likewise, Nellie. You bring a lot of thought and knowledge to this forum. You have a greater knowledge, in particular, regarding the British Royal Family's jewellery collection than I so it's a pleasure to read your posts.
I definitly took interest in the Jubilee celebrations in recognition of the Queen's role as Queen of Australia, first and foremost.
I was also discussing with a relation over the weekend that one downfall of being an antipodean Monarchy is that we are unable to celebrate alongside our head of state in person, which would have been just wonderful. I enjoyed watching all the events live on Sky24 and found the coverage plentiful though the commentary was not to my liking.
Can I ask Nellie, what are these episodes you speak of re The Diamond Queen?
I have not seem nor heard of them but would very much like to watch them.
I'm not surprised that Australian TV is slow on the uptake. ABC was itself pressured into televising the Jubilee after a backlash.
Message Thread | Skip to this response ↓|
- [Not] First portrait of Queen Mary - Nellie June 8, 2012, 2:19 am
- Re: First portrait of Queen Mary - Aaron June 8, 2012, 3:44 am
- Re: First portrait of Queen Mary - Royal Enthusiast June 8, 2012, 3:51 am
- Queen Mary’s bridal rivière and Lady Sarah Chatto - Nellie June 8, 2012, 5:20 am
- Re: First portrait of Queen Mary - Duchess of Cornwall & York in Melbourne - Davo June 8, 2012, 5:39 am
- Another challenge - Nellie June 8, 2012, 7:22 am
« Back to index | View thread »