Bejewelled men...and Queen Mary
Posted by Barbara D. on June 20, 2012, 12:55 am, in reply to "Re: Bejewelled men..."
: Barbara, just before reading your comment I
: was thinking how different it must have been
: for Queen Mary to have been 'outjeweled' by
: so many gentlemen when she went to India.
: The Durbar must have been an incredible
Coming back to the recent discussion about the Delhi Durbar and the new parure Queen Mary brought with for this occasion, it might have played a role why the queen then decided to wear a new tiara with those huge emerald drops. Everyone expects a queen wearing a crown, but the crown is less a jewel than a symbol. Might it be, that finery-addicted Queen Mary wanted to show substantial jewels by her own beside all these jewel bedecked Indian dignitaries? I guess we will never know .
Message Thread | Skip to this response ↓|
- Men in pearls - Baxter June 16, 2012, 4:01 pm
- Fantastic! - Cynthia June 16, 2012, 4:41 pm
- Re: Men in pearls - Christian June 16, 2012, 4:43 pm
- Re: Men in pearls - ErikS June 17, 2012, 2:20 am
- Re: Men in pearls - Dawn June 17, 2012, 10:19 pm
- Re: Men in pearls - Count75 June 28, 2012, 9:09 am
« Back to index | View thread »