Re: Another Queen Mary necklace
Posted by Boffer on July 13, 2012, 5:29 pm, in reply to "Another Queen Mary necklace"
Yes. That is the alternating diamond and pearl necklace that Queen Mary wore often, bequeathing it to Princess Margaret in 1953, who added a detachable pendant, it is now worn by Lady Sarah Chatto. |
The origins of how Queen Mary acquired it are unknown, however due to the abundance of diamonds and pearls in her collection, if it was not a gift, it is likely that it was a commission using her own stones.
: Thank you all.
: Now would the second necklace here be the
: one now worn by Lady Sarah Chatto?
- Queen Mary's necklaces - Nellie July 12, 2012, 9:14 pm
- Re: Queen Mary's necklaces - Boffer July 12, 2012, 10:27 pm
- Another Queen Mary necklace - Nellie July 13, 2012, 5:10 pm
- Re: Another Queen Mary necklace - Boffer July 13, 2012, 5:29 pm
- and another - Nellie July 13, 2012, 5:47 pm
- Queen Mary's collars - Nellie July 13, 2012, 6:06 pm
« Back to index | View thread »