Re: 1954 Tiara Tour
Posted by LittleMo on July 18, 2012, 5:03 pm, in reply to "Re: 1954 Tiara Tour"
Also these days I think the Queen and all the Royals are cautious not to wear too many jewels too often. So they are not flashing a lot of jewels and riches at us that would encourage criticism about their wealth and costs to us. |
: My thinking on this topic has always related
: to risk and security considerations that
: exist today and were never even imagined way
: back then.
: I doubt that those jewels are insured
: because the premiums would be prohibitive so
: it is unlikely that there would be insurers
: to throw a fit!
: But I do believe that many
: "advisers" would recommend taking
: less these days.
: Such a haul would be a target in itself
: today, and would heighten the risk for the
: Queen as well.
: --Previous Message--
: I don't think it has anything to do with
: "not being allowed" to take so
: many jewels out of the country. I think it's
: all down to a change of fashion that HM
: doesn't wear as many grand jewels these
: days. Plus of course, she does not - at her
: age - do those long tours any more. There is
: no need for extended trips as tours are now
: done by air and not by ship (which was
: mainly the reason for the length of time the
: tour took) But I don't have any doubt that
: if HM did go on a similar extended
: excursion, she would still take as many
: jewels as she wanted to without anyone
: applying any restrictions.
Message Thread | Skip to this response ↓|
- A lost jewel - Wymanda July 17, 2012, 5:18 am
- Re: A lost jewel - Nellie July 17, 2012, 5:30 am
- Re: A lost jewel - Hans July 17, 2012, 5:57 am
- 1954 Tiara Tour - Nellie July 17, 2012, 7:55 pm
- more 1954 Tiara Tour - Nellie July 17, 2012, 8:10 pm
- Re: 1954 Tiara Tour - gillw July 17, 2012, 11:55 pm
- Re: 1954 Tiara Tour - Nellie July 18, 2012, 1:47 am
- Re: 1954 Tiara Tour - LittleMo July 18, 2012, 5:03 pm
- Brilliant - LittleMo July 18, 2012, 5:05 pm
« Back to index | View thread »