Re: Big and small Williamson
Posted by gillw on August 6, 2012, 12:39 am, in reply to "Re: Big and small"
184.108.40.206 | Message modified by user GillW August 6, 2012, 12:40 am
Yes indeed it is on display. The pink stone in the centre is undeniably and definitely pink. It reminds me always of the colour of a sweat pea flower. You can't miss the colour, it's not one of those "well, if the experts say it's pink... it must be but I can't see it" |
It is in my top favourites of the brooches (I bought a Royal Collection copy of it a few weeks ago) and I wish it was worn more often as it is so lovely.
This photo colour is pretty darned accurate:
: Is the Williamson on display?? I seem to
: remember it would be. How pink was pink?
: --Previous Message--
: Thank you GillW and LillteMo for your
: I would love to have been able to listen to
: your exchanges because you would have been a
: couple of the most knowledgeable people to
: visit the exhibition, I would think.
: The Cullinan brooch always fascinates me and
: I fell in love with it all over again when
: the Queen wore it lately for a Diamond
: Jubilee occasion.
- Buckingham Palace - Diamonds... - gillw August 5, 2012, 2:21 pm
- Re: Buckingham Palace - Diamonds...I was with GillW - LittleMo August 5, 2012, 4:16 pm
- Big and small - LittleMo August 5, 2012, 4:21 pm
- Re: Big and small - jinja August 5, 2012, 5:06 pm
- Re: Big and small - windsorfan August 5, 2012, 7:32 pm
- Re: Big and small - Nellie August 5, 2012, 8:43 pm
- Re: coronation necklace - Nellie August 6, 2012, 8:15 pm
- Re: Diamond Diadem (or George IV or State Diadem) - Nellie August 7, 2012, 9:54 am
- Re: Buckingham Palace - Diamonds... - Millie August 6, 2012, 5:26 am
« Back to index | View thread »