Thank you for your post !
Queen ELizabeth II has on least 6 2 strand pearls necklaces :
- The Queen Anne and Queen Caroline Pearl Necklaces ; We have already seen the clasp ;
- Queen Victoria's Two Strand Pearl Necklace with Ruby Clasp ; idem
- The Two Strand Hanoverian Pearls with a round diamond clasp ;
- A two strand pearl necklace worn for evening events - might be a gift from the Golf in 1979 have posted a photo of the clasp ;
- a two strand pearl necklace worn as a young women - I have posted a photo of the diamond clasp ;
- an other two strand pearl necklace worn at Royal Windsor Horse Show in 2016 - We can also see the clasp on a photo posted.
: I cannot decide if QEII has one or two
: necklaces made of two strands of smallish
: pearls (I am excluding necklaces with larger
: pearl;s like the 2 strand Hanoverian Pearls,
: the Queens Caroline and Anne Crown pearl
: necklace and the two strands joined by a
: ruby clasp which we know as the Indian
: pearls. The latter seem to be worn with a
: separate third strand)
: The necklaces below are of smaller pearls
: worn by QEII as a young woman, and one
: necklace for her wedding anniversary in
: I think the following 2 necklaces are Not
: the same. Unfortunately, I don't have photos
: showing the clasp, but I suspect they are
: the not the same as the gap/space between
: the strands seems different to me.
: QEII in 1944
: QEII in 1945
: QEII in 1946
: QEII in 2007. This necklace was said to be
: the one she wore on her honeymoon in 1947.
: Perhaps others have photos which might
: clarify the situation.
Message Thread | This response ↓
« Back to index | View thread »