Edited by Andrew U on June 29, 2017, 2:21 pm
1. Provenance of foreign gift necklaces was interesting.
2. Idea that amethyst necklace incorporates 2 brooches on either side of center element.....I can see now how the settings are different
3. Emerald/gold/diamond suite still has no known provenance.
4. Still unsure how so many "Crown" jewels remain unseen or rarely seen. Is there some clause about jewel "outings"?
5. While I love QEII i am baffled at the fact there are so many jewels and so few are lent out. Diana should have been exclusively lent Alexandra's jewels IMO. And other jewels as well! Jewels should be seen on York princesses and D of Cambridge, for example. Even if an informal "pool of lesser jewels" was created.
« Back to index | View thread »