Honeysuckle Blossoms Diamond Tiara
Posted by Juscha on July 11, 2017, 9:12 am, in reply to "Hannover Wedding | Honeysuckle Blossoms Diamond Tiara"
Sadly we do not know very much about the Hanoverian jewellery exept the famous conflict with Queen Victoria because of the division of Hanoverian from the British jewels. I`m very interested in the Jewels of the first Queen of Hanover, Friederike (1776-1841). On the occasion of her wedding with the Duke of Cumberland, later King Ernst August, she received among other things jewellery from the Prince Regent, which she wore at her wedding. As far as I remember, it was a flowering branch. I'm in the office and have to check. I am very curious if one or another of the jewels of this ancestor of Alexandra of Hanover ( whom, in my view, quite resembles her) has remained in the possession of the family through the confusion and businesses of the Welfen. Couldnīt the Honeysuckle Blossoms come from her?
Dear Ursula, thank you for spending so much time in your wonderful site!
Friederike von Mecklenburg-Strelitz, Princess of Prussia, later Queen of Hanover, at the age of Alexandra of Hanover: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Friederike_von_Mecklenburg-Strelitz#/media/File:Friederike_von_Preu%C3%9Fen_by_Johann_Gottfried_Schadow-2.jpg
: The choice is the Honeysuckle Blossoms Tiara
: of the House Hannover which the new royal
: bride had worne at the church in
: Hannover...see more...
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Hannover Wedding | Honeysuckle Blossoms Diamond Tiara - Ursula July 8, 2017, 8:07 am
- Re: Hannover Wedding | Honeysuckle Blossoms Diamond Tiara - Ursula July 8, 2017, 8:09 am
- Re: Hannover Wedding - malluu July 8, 2017, 10:34 am
- Honeysuckle Blossoms Diamond Tiara - close view of the tiara - Barbara D. July 10, 2017, 7:03 am
- Honeysuckle Blossoms Diamond Tiara - Juscha July 11, 2017, 9:12 am
- Re: Hannover Wedding - Official Photos - malluu July 12, 2017, 9:07 am
« Back to index | View thread »