sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 8, 2024 11:52 pm  #1

iHeartRadio Canada Expands With Addition Of 39 Corus Radio Stations

Bell's partnership with iHeart notwithstanding, the communications giant has added 39 Corus radio stations to its app and online listening choices - including AM640, Q107, Edge 102.1 and CFPL London.

Interesting that Bell would join with Corus to offer a competitor on its service, but I suppose both benefit - Corus gets the added exposure, while Bell's iHeart Canada gets additional offerings to entice listeners to use its app. 

iHeartRadio Canada expands with addition of 39 Corus Radio stations

May 8, 2024 11:58 pm  #2

Re: iHeartRadio Canada Expands With Addition Of 39 Corus Radio Stations

RadioActive wrote:

Interesting that Bell would join with Corus to offer a competitor on its service

Stingray and Evanov have been on there for a while.

Last edited by RadioAaron (May 8, 2024 11:59 pm)

May 9, 2024 12:34 am  #3

RadioAaron wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

Interesting that Bell would join with Corus to offer a competitor on its service

Stingray and Evanov have been on there for a while.

Clear as day iHeartradio is not there for any one particular company.

It's just a streaming business, perhaps offering ALL radio businesses out there an opportunity to join them for whatever set fee.
I have no idea what iHeartradio offers that Tuned in didn't already offer though...  (or one of the other players out there)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

May 9, 2024 8:11 am  #4

I wonder what this means for the RadioPlayer Canada app...which I believe had everybody BUT Bell on board.

May 9, 2024 10:56 am  #5

Speaking of iHeartRadio, the US company just released their 1st quarter.  Overall revenue was down 1.5% for all segments.  However revenue for the radio broadcast division with over 850 stations was down by 6.2%.

Read it if you dare, financials from radioINSIGHT..https://radioinsight.com/headlines/268429/iheartmedia-q1-2024-revenue-drops-1-5/