[ Post a Response | The MusicWeb Message Board ]
CELEBRATING 43,000 Classical CD reviews on-line (Sept 2016); 21,000 page views each day.
Return to MusicWeb International
Re: Sibelius N.Jarvi
Fair call, Ford. I like his Martinu as well, though the Neuumann, Behlolavek, just for starters, are much better.
Yep, his Prokofiev - especially the 6th- is very underwhelming - but so is his Shostakovich.
And, if one were to be so inclined, one might make an assumption that a strike rate of two successes in a history as long as Methuselah's age is hardly something to blow the trumpets about.
But I'm not that way inclined and take the point of view that Jarvi was once the Chandos work horse, as Marriner once was for EMI. Neither made great recordings.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
Sibelius N.Jarvi - dieter barkhoff June 18, 2019, 12:58 am
- Re: Sibelius N.Jarvi - Ford June 18, 2019, 3:48 am
- Re: Sibelius N.Jarvi - dieter barkhoff June 18, 2019, 9:23 am
- Re: Sibelius N.Jarvi - Ralph Moore June 18, 2019, 2:00 pm
- Re: Sibelius N.Jarvi - Ralph Moore June 19, 2019, 1:32 pm
- Re: Sibelius N.Jarvi - Colin Mackie June 19, 2019, 9:36 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Thank you for taking part in the MusicWeb International Forum.
Len Mullenger - Founder of MusicWeb