Friends Supporting Friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
Merry Christmas Gratitudes
Posted by Paula on 12/25/2019, 9:57 am
Another year with my fsf sisters. Love you gals. |
Christmas Eve is over. I have always loved Christmas Eve more than Christmas Day. I was a dramatic little girl and would crawl under or behind our Christmas tree on Christmas Eve and read the Christmas story from Luke to myself. Even really young, I knew that's where the focus should be, not being all harried from shopping and everyone arguing etc. Yesterday was tough. My sister was on my mind all day and night. I thought about emailing her but I knew it was going to be a reconciling email but, instead, one of explaining my hurt and anger. By the early evening, I knew I wouldn't do it because 'it' would be all my fault and I just couldn't bear opening that wound up.
I binge-watched the Waltons last night. Enjoyed it
That this Christmas isn't as bad as last Christmas. I didn't decorate at all last year and last night I got to sit in my pretty living room with a pretty tree and mantle and candles in the window. I wasn't depressed, just sad.
That a sense of humor abides. I told Alexa Good Morning as I always do. She said Good Morning back and then sang 'I Wish You a Merry Christmas.' OK, it's not the Waltons but it's something!! Also my Charlie boy. Thankful for another Christmas morning with him.
Posted by Cindy on 12/25/2019, 12:41 pm, in reply to "Merry Christmas Gratitudes"
1. A beautiful day out. In the 50ís today! |
2. Being invited to Kens youngest daughters house for dinner. Helped cheer Ken up. She doesnít speak to her other 2 sisters who live here in town so they wonít be there which bothers Ken, but there isnít anything he can do to change it. The other two girls are living a lifestyle Jessica doesnít approve of and she wants no part of it.
3. Hip is feeling a bit better. I think I either pulled a muscle or have my hip out a bit. No doubt this was done working on the rental. I will go see my chiropractor tomorrow if it doesnít continue to improve. Groin area that the dogs jumped on is better at least! Gosh itís like Iím falling apart!! Lol
4. Peppermint Bark coffee. So delicious!
5. Being able to stick to my eating plan and not let the holiday temptations take over!! I know if I have even a taste of all the yummy Christmas treats I see I will want more! Sugar is not my friend and I just donít want to feel yucky after I eat it! I know what Jessica is serving and it will be a point friendly meal for me!
Love you ladies!!!
Posted by Sue on 12/25/2019, 11:27 am, in reply to "Merry Christmas Gratitudes"
Celebrating the Birth of Christ. |
Wonderful friends and neighbors.
Having Scott here with us.
Bill and Sophie...my faithful companions.
Knowing Kari and her family will be having a wonderful day even though we're not together.
Having more than enough...and appreciating all.
Merry Christmas, my friends.....
Re: Merry Christmas Gratitudes Paula
Posted by Sue on 12/25/2019, 11:22 am, in reply to "Merry Christmas Gratitudes"
I, too, have spent a lot of time the last few days thinking of my sister....and wanting to reach out. And,like you, I know in my heart it would do no good....fix nothing in our relationship. Things would be OK for a short while...and then back to the same old nonsense. No thanks.....Instead, I'll concentrate (and appreciate) what goodness I have in my life....But, I DO get what you're saying..feeling.|
I know you understand.
Posted by Paula on 12/26/2019, 10:25 am, in reply to "Re: Merry Christmas Gratitudes Paula"
Sad that it has to be this way. Christmas Eve was hard. By Christmas Day, the pain had passed.|
Re: I know you understand.
Posted by Sue on 12/26/2019, 11:24 am, in reply to "I know you understand."
Yeah, I'm actually OK, also. The sadness/hurt comes and goes at will, but I know this is for the best. I surely don't miss all the drama.|
my Christmas gratefuls
Posted by Beverly on 12/25/2019, 11:02 am, in reply to "Merry Christmas Gratitudes"
- having all my family here together. Erika arrived about 8:00 am. It makes my heart so full to have family here. |
- The clever and fun toys the kids get these days. Of course some of the standards.-
= the kids waited until 5am before presents.-
- Mike buys Meg some very thoughtful gifts. I am proud of him for many good things in his life
- such good travelling weather
friends, family, you all, fb, internet cell, car
Posted by Beverly on 12/25/2019, 10:55 am, in reply to "Merry Christmas Gratitudes"
a wonderful group of gratefuls.... is such a good way to start the day. \\ |
I too, love all you ladies.
I am glad you know when to step back from bad feelings and frustration. Mike'sfavorite saying: It is what it is."
Glad it's been good for you.
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]