Friends Supporting Friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
Boxing Day Grats - Merry Christmas gang!
Posted by Krista on 12/26/2019, 7:18 am
Posted by Delta on 12/26/2019, 2:28 pm, in reply to "Boxing Day Grats - Merry Christmas gang!"
That we had our family Christmas celebration on Monday. Yesterday was a bad day for my husband and I. I didn't get to go to my mother's. My husband started getting a headache and dizzy on Tuesday morning. By night he was running a bit of fever and running to the bathroom. I got up with a headache and dizziness yesterday morning and decided to wait to see if I felt better but the day went downhill from there as I followed the same progression he had the day before. We found out that there is a big epidemic of a bad stomach virus going around in our area. We probably got it shopping because we don't know anyone that has had it. |
The Christmas Story. It was our Christmas-y thing yesterday. We watched it three times because we both kept missing favorite parts and there was a marathon. The humor hasn't become dated or stopped being funny.
Feeling better today as far as the headache, dizziness and fever goes. Almost human again.
I did have some nice texting and calls with all the family I didn't get to see. I am afraid that Mama and my sister will get this bug though because my sister's daughter and her son were staying at my mother's house and one got sick Christmas eve and the other yesterday morning.
Since yesterday was Wednesday I weighed when I got up. Despite us having Christmas on Monday I was down 1.4 pounds. With not feeling like eating and staying in the bathroom yesterday I am probably down quite a bit more this morning but it will even back out by next Wednesday.
I hope everyone had a great Christmas celebration and Happy Boxing Day Krista!
Posted by Cindy on 12/26/2019, 11:42 am, in reply to "Boxing Day Grats - Merry Christmas gang!"
1. I had a good day food wise yesterday. Learned something though- I donít eat past 8 pm. I made my mind up October 1st to stop eating after 8, and I have stuck to it! Food = fuel and I donít do anything that I would need extra fuel to do after 8 pm, so why eat? Anyway... we went to Kens youngest daughter Jessicaís house for dinner and I told Ken I wanted to be home before 8 (like 7:30) so I could grab a cup of coffee and my evening snack. One thing led to another and we walked in our house at 7:58! I knew that once I got the dogs out in the backyard and grabbed my snack it would be after 8, so instead of being a few minutes over getting my snack, I made myself a cup of coffee and passed on the snack! You would think that would be a win for me, but honestly, I was aggravated that we didnít get home a little earlier so I could have my snack! Lesson learned here, food still has a big hold on me, and I still have a long way to go! Iím feeling better about things this morning, but I know next time, I need to stick that snack in my purse, and then if we are running late leaving somewhere, I will have it! |
2. Hip is still sore. Muscles are better, but Iím pretty sure my hip is out of place. Called my chiropractor and they are closed today but will be in tomorrow so I will go see him then. Gratitude is he will be there tomorrow and I can take Tylenol and ice it today.
3. Having time off from work. It has been very nice to have this time off. Iím still off until this time NEXT week!
4. My fur babies! Love them!
5. This day and all it has to offer!
Isn't it a bit strange how
Posted by Delta on 12/26/2019, 2:34 pm, in reply to "My five..."
we get attached to our food habits? I hope the chiropractor can help you tomorrow. I have very loose joints Used to be able to do all kinds of weird contortions because of it. Now that looseness just manifests in joints slipping out of place a bit so I know that you are in a great deal of pain. My left shoulder slipped out Sunday and I had to get my daughter to get it back in place before I could chop vegetables Monday. Hoping you get put to rights and get out of that pain. |
Posted by Krista on 12/26/2019, 1:54 pm, in reply to "My five..."
Has your hip come out of place before? That sounds pretty darned serious! Hope you're feeling better soon!!|
Posted by Suee on 12/26/2019, 11:34 am, in reply to "Boxing Day Grats - Merry Christmas gang!"
We had a great Christmas with Scott..... |
Main Street Station was as special as ever. Tons of folks from all over the world...every ethnic background. People-watching was awesome...as were the Bloody Marys. Scott even made a nice win.
Talking with Kari and the kids, my half-sister Cindy, and many of our good friends....also texting some of them....sending pics.. Such fun.
Lovely Christmas gifts....some vey special tree ornaments from the kids. The big glass Cardinal is awesome.
Our new neighbors (Nell & Cory) stopped by with a small gift and stayed to visit and share a glass of Christmas Cheer with us. They loved talking with Scott...about Michigan and Sports..They're a very nice young couple....
It's A Wonderful Life ~ ~ ~
Main Street Station
Posted by Delta on 12/26/2019, 2:35 pm, in reply to "A few"
people watching sounds fantastic. I am glad that you had a special day. |
Love reading you grats Sue
Posted by Krista on 12/26/2019, 1:54 pm, in reply to "A few"
You are always so full of joy and gratitude! Glad to hear you guys had a nice Christmas!|
Posted by Paula on 12/26/2019, 10:37 am, in reply to "Boxing Day Grats - Merry Christmas gang!"
Bright! Sunny day. Upper 50s today and in the bloody 60s through next Monday! |
Nice visit with my neighbor, Joanne. I didn't go to their family dinner last night because I didn't feel like being around a bunch of strangers. I dropped over before everyone got there and we had our visit. Jo is 78 this July. She is my gardening buddy. She is a retired Social Worker who did a lot of work in child welfare. We call her the 'Mayor' of Blithewood (my street) because she knows everyone and has a positive impact. When she's down and feeling like the world is so upside down that it will never right itself, I think she talks to me. She tends to be an optimistic person so when she is down, she IS down. Anyway we shared our woes, the woes of the world, laughed, went out in the yard (our favorite place) and began talking about Spring plantings. She gave me a gift card to my favorite nursery and I know I am going to buy a Lenten Rose with it.
Talked to my two nieces. Got nice texts from other friends. Bill brought me a book.
Thinking about Spain. One of my 2020 wall calendars is made up of photos from Andalusia, the area of Spain I plan to visit when the time is right.
Knowing that I have to put more energy out there to build a better support system. I've gotten too used to being ok alone.
I am sorry that you
Posted by Delta on 12/26/2019, 2:39 pm, in reply to "Mine"
didn't feel that you could stay for a meal. All friends start as strangers. I am glad that you have such a special relationship with Jo though. |
Crazy weather, huh? We are used to 50s and 60s at Christmas but it has been in the 70s with sun for four days now. A lot of people were having Christmas dinner outside. Today has patchy clouds and they tell us it will drop our temps back down in the 50s and 60s if it comes.
I think you're doing great Paula
Posted by Krista on 12/26/2019, 1:55 pm, in reply to "Mine"
It sounds like a lot of time spent with friends and neighbours and I love to hear about it!|
Cinq Choses Pour Moi
Posted by Krista on 12/26/2019, 7:26 am, in reply to "Boxing Day Grats - Merry Christmas gang!"
1) had a wonderful time spent with Dad, Paul and Ray yesterday |
2) my brother who keeps Christmas alive for all of us - he truly does
3) Chelsea (Ray's son Matt's girlfriend) and Baby Benson got home last night. She had a C section on Monday night and was 1 of only 2 new Moms in the ward. Glad they are home now!
4) off to Ray's sister's today for a big double family tradition -- always nice to see the group - adults and kids alike
5) working at the radio today - double time and a half since it is a stat holiday here WHOOT WHOOT!
Happy Boxing Day, Krista
Posted by Delta on 12/26/2019, 2:40 pm, in reply to "Cinq Choses Pour Moi"
Enjoy making all that extra money. |
Happy Boxing Day, ttk!
Posted by Paula on 12/26/2019, 10:26 am, in reply to "Cinq Choses Pour Moi"
whatever the hell that is! ;-)))|
I had to look it up...
Posted by Cindy on 12/26/2019, 11:14 am, in reply to "Happy Boxing Day, ttk! "
I wasnít sure what it was either! Apparently it has been around for a long time and is celebrated the day after Christmas so the servants that worked on Christmas could have the day off with their families! Their master would often ďbox upĒ left over food or gifts for the servants to take home with them! Does that sound fairly close, Krista? |
Itís too bad that everyone that has to work Christmas Day here in the states donít automatically get the day after off!
I always forget!
Posted by Krista on 12/26/2019, 1:51 pm, in reply to "I had to look it up..."
It's only in countries that had associations with the Queen of England that "celebrate". And yup, that's where it all got started Cindy. We never had Black Friday sales here -- it was always Boxing Day Sales. Now we have both but they start on the 27th.|
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]