Friends Supporting Friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
It's Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiday! Grats?? nt
Posted by Krista on 1/3/2020, 8:06 am
Posted by Delta on 1/3/2020, 1:01 pm, in reply to "It's Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiday! Grats?? nt"
My oldest grandson's 18th birthday. It seems like yesterday that I held him for the first time. |
My mother and sister still haven't succumbed to the flu. My sister's daughter and grandson were at Mama's over Christmas when they came down with it, he the day before but thought it was a cold and she Christmas afternoon after they had all been there. He got bad enough on Christmas night that they took him to the ER and he tested positive for the flu. It has been 9 days now, well outside the incubation period so I hope they are out of the woods there. They had shots but that doesn't always work.
The muscle relaxers the doctor gave me are helping some of the pains a lot and don't make me dopey like some I have taken in the past. I can now tell where the pain is coming from (stomach) instead of everything hurting because it is setting off muscle spasms. Having a neuro-muscular condition makes things kinda weird. It's like having twins and when one cries the other cries in sympathy.
Nowhere I have to be today. Didn't get much sleep last night.
I know it is Friday. Last week was ok but this week I have had a hard time keeping the day straight since Tuesday.
Posted by Sue on 1/3/2020, 10:52 am, in reply to "It's Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiday! Grats?? nt"
Made a trip to Wal-Mart and picked up several things for Ms. Sophie....dog food, treats --everything it takes to keep her happy. |
Watching most of the Football Bowl Games.
Not feeling real great...a little under-the-weather....maybe post holiday let-down blues(?) I've just got the blahs!!
Ordered a Native American rug/runner for the Living room...other one is looking pretty tired. Amazon has a great selection.
Kids and grands are doing great....
Sending positive thoughts Sue!
Posted by Krista on 1/3/2020, 11:11 am, in reply to "A few"
Hope you're feeling un-blah soon! I bet the rug will be gorgeous!|
Re: Sending positive thoughts Sue!
Posted by Sue on 1/3/2020, 11:37 am, in reply to "Sending positive thoughts Sue!"
Thanks, Krista...The sun is shining this morning....my mood will improve greatly! I like to say I'm a lot like plants---I thrive on sun and water! lol|
Posted by Cindy on 1/3/2020, 9:04 am, in reply to "It's Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiday! Grats?? nt"
1. Itís Friday! I am only working 2 days this week, but always love my weekends! |
2. My hip is so much better. So thankful.
3. Very productive day at work yesterday.
4. A job I love! Several co-workers told me I was missed! Felt good to hear that!
5. The hopeful feeling of things to come in the new year! Love all the opportunities that await me!
Posted by Beverly on 1/3/2020, 8:32 am, in reply to "It's Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiday! Grats?? nt"
- got into Podiatrist quickly... something not right with my foot. I can barely think about it. or barely put weight on it. |
- got Murray into the doctor today too. Major clog in lungs
- I am loving my new coat and jackets
- love the saurkraut and pork... tradition in Murray's family for the New Year.
- enjoying Netflicks
friends, family, you all, fb, internet, cell, car
Posted by Cindy on 1/3/2020, 9:05 am, in reply to "mine"
Hope your dr can find out whatís wrong with you guys! |
We enjoy Netflix too! What are you watching??
Sending positive thoughts for the Doc!
Posted by Krista on 1/3/2020, 8:47 am, in reply to "mine"
For both you and for Murray!|
Cinq Choses Pour Moi
Posted by Krista on 1/3/2020, 8:10 am, in reply to "It's Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiday! Grats?? nt"
1) memories of Penny - no she didn't die or anything - I just miss her. She was my "soul mate" for so many years. Happy New Year, Penny ~ hope you are well! |
2) memories of Shirley - I hope her health is ok and she is doing well. Sure have missed her the past year ++
3) will find out on Monday what the go forward plan is at the radio. I'm just happy to know either way
4) found some journal notes from many years ago when I was seeing another man and thought my life was "over". When I saw the first sentence, I decided "no" and ripped them up and threw them away. That is ancient history and I'm proud of myself for not going down that road
5) bought a pair of size 22 pants from the Auction Hut for $2 and they were way too big. So I'm content in my slightly tight 20s for now
Posted by Cindy on 1/3/2020, 9:10 am, in reply to "Cinq Choses Pour Moi"
I miss Penny and Shirley too! Itís horrible when you get to know and love someone on here and then have them disappear! I hope they are both doing well. I send Shirley a text message every now and then to check on her. I need to do that again now that the New Year is here. |
Glad you tore those journal pages up! Youíve got such a wonderful man! Things always turn out for the best!
Please let us know ....
Posted by Krista on 1/3/2020, 11:11 am, in reply to "Krista..."
... if you hear back from Shirley and let her know we miss her |
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]