Friends Supporting Friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
Grateful today - Wednesday
Posted by Beverly on 1/22/2020, 9:07 am
Posted by Detla on 1/22/2020, 1:08 pm, in reply to "Grateful today - Wednesday"
My son came for an early breakfast this morning and brought it with him. Sweet of him and it hasn't happened much since he moved nearly an hour away. He had business here this morning. |
Hoping to have all the papers that we need at the office found soon. If they had been put back where they go I could have told anyone on the phone where to find them and they could have walked right to them. My husband is a terrible filer and has everything all messed up so that every folder has to be gone through to see if they accidentally got in there. While I was looking for the papers we needed for new lease contracts I found deeds to properties and other things that were misfiled so I am just looking through all the archives and gathering up all the important papers again, making working copies for him and putting the rest into the fire safe.
Having grandkids that can all cook. Even though I do it most of the time and don't mind it is nice that they can when I don't feel like it.
The flowers I bought for $1.75 over a week ago still look fresh and beautiful. Sure got my money's worth there. Every time I walk through the room they brighten my spirit.
My husband has finally finished his research and chosen supplemental insurance. Now the research is starting on drug supplements. I am just glad that he is doing research. When I brought up the subject in the months before he turned 65 he would not even talk about it because he wasn't 65 yet and "how hard could it be". Boy did he learn quickly just how hard it could be.
Posted by Paula on 1/22/2020, 10:38 am, in reply to "Grateful today - Wednesday"
Most of the weight I gained is gone...2.8 of the old to lose. |
Charlie snoring. It's such a comforting sound. Katie LaRue slept in her kennel every night of her life with us. She just snored away all night. It just felt 'right.' I never took her kennel out of my bedroom until the other day when the workers were done and I was starting to clean up. I decided that it was probably time so I sadly took it to the mudroom. I don't know if I'll ever be able part with it. Even now, I'm tearing up thinking about it. I see her so clearly in there, snoring away. Charlie's is still in there but it doesn't have an attachment because he hated it and I eventually had to let him sleep in the living room. It was Katie's safe place. She loved her kennel. Charlie does still sleep in her bed in the living room. You know I bought all these other beds for him but he didn't pay them any mind and always went back to that one.
Hair colored tomorrow
Email from work today that said they are looking into a group insurance policy to offer us. I'm not sure how that would work with my Medicare and supplement. Right now, I'm paying about $300/month for insurance.
Hot coffee in the A.M.
Cinq Choses Pour Moi
Posted by Krista on 1/22/2020, 10:03 am, in reply to "Grateful today - Wednesday"
1) haircut at noon |
2) got most of the kitchen cleaned and several items off the list
3) less than 20 pictures to finish off for this week's auction. Will bang those off this morning and then the afternoon is all mine
4) lots of time to think about what I would say if approached with hours at the radio station. Trish isn't leaving until April. I know I would NOT want full time but if 25 hours / week Monday - Friday were an option from 10-3, that would be something I would consider. Anyway, thankful there is lots of time for decisions and they may hire someone new anyway. I'm ok with that
5) our simple life - we work, we watch TV at night, we aren't fancy and we love each other
Posted by Beverly on 1/22/2020, 9:18 am, in reply to "Grateful today - Wednesday"
- I found a place close to home to get my fingerprints and FBI check for my performing at schools |
- pretty clouds this morning
- Murray is very fit.. except for his crappy lungs
- Murray will have some time off! yay
- He is so strong.. yesterday he took 100's of bags soil. He did it and the younger people bitched and moaned the whole time
friends, family, you all, fb, internet, cell, car
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]