Friends Supporting Friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
Posted by Cindy on 1/29/2020, 8:39 am
Wednesday Gratitudes (I still have an hour and a half here)
Posted by Delta on 1/30/2020, 1:44 am, in reply to "Wednesday gratitudes...."
Feeling better tonight. I know it is fake but hopefully by the time this shot wears off in about three days that I will feel much better for real. Came down with a cold-like virus that is going around. Feels much like flu but only lasts 3-4 days. I felt better when I got up yesterday but started feeling like my chest was crackling late in the day. Felt absolutely awful this morning with a fever and all. Pretty sure I had developed bronchitis. I went to a walk-in clinic and sure enough, I was right. They gave me a breathing treatment that is different from what I have(ahhhh it feels great to breathe again), a shot with a decongestant in it and a bit of steroid to make it last about three days as well as some vitamin B. They sent me home with several days of the breathing treatment they used and prescriptions for TWO antibiotics. |
Feeling energy. I have been so weak and lethargic for the last few days that I almost feel high. When I first got home I could hardly hold my eyes open and napped on and off for a few hours. When I woke up I made chicken soup, cleaned the kitchen, did two loads of laundry, straightened the bedroom and made the bed which I didn't feel like doing this morning before I left and cleaned the kitchen. Now I am looking for something else to clean quietly.
My electric pressure cooker. when I woke up once and I had only about an hour until dinner. I put the chicken into the pressure cooker whole with some onions and veggies and had soup in no time after taking the chicken off the bones and adding some more already prepared veggies. Freezing the carcass for bone broth later. Truth to tell, since it can't overheat and switches automatically to warm when the time is up I went back to sleep for a bit. Gotta love that. It is something I could never do with my old stovetop pressure cooker and every time my husband used it he turned it up too high and blew out the safety valve causing massive ceiling cleaning and repainting afterward each time.
My youngest grandson lost a tooth in school yesterday. It was the first time any of them have lost a tooth at school. They put it in a little tooth-shaped necklace and tape it shut. He was still wearing it when he got home and so proud of himself.
Daughter-in-law's mother didn't fall on her new hip replacement and her MRI results show she didn't break or tear anything when she fell. They were really worried.
Posted by Sue on 1/29/2020, 11:44 am, in reply to "Wednesday gratitudes...."
The new Native American design rug (runner) for the living room arrived, and it's very pretty. We put the other/older one in Bill's Man Cave (garage). |
Bill's cousin mailed us several old traditional cups and saucers that had belonged to their grandma. When Bill's mom passed, we inherited several place settings of heirloom hand-painted English China. This will add to the collection. One day, it will go to Kari...and then Katie. It's lovely. I love using it for special occasions.
Still not feeling up to par mentally or physically, but I'm making progress.
Busy making plans for our small-scale Super Bowl Party. We always have fun.
Family and friends.....they keep me grounded.
Good to see you posting Sue!
Posted by Delta on 1/30/2020, 12:35 am, in reply to "A few"
I hope that you are feeling better soon. Sometimes it takes time. |
Posted by Paula on 1/29/2020, 9:43 am, in reply to "Wednesday gratitudes...."
Losing weight |
Hauled a bunch of stuff out of the house that I want my neighbor to take to the dump. It felt good to be able to do it without help.
Got to bed a little earlier the past 3 nights. I really want to get back into the routine of being in bed by 10:30, reading for a little and lights out by 11. Up by 7. I have never been a night owl but since I've not been working full time, I can be up until 1AM and not up until 8:30. That doesn't feel good to me.
More clients coming in. I sure have loved not working very much but that's coming to an end!
Researching my trip
Time or money
Posted by Delta on 1/30/2020, 12:30 am, in reply to "Mine"
seems to be the age-old story. |
Good to see that you are getting stronger and more and more healed. Just don't overdo those elbows, please.
So exciting to hear that you are researching another trip. I still think that you need to retire to France or Italy. It would be so much closer to those other European places you love. I can just see it for you.
Cinq Choses Pour Moi
Posted by Krista on 1/29/2020, 9:07 am, in reply to "Wednesday gratitudes...."
1) almost done my picture taking for the Auction Nut this week - did 100 yesterday and 50 today |
2) having coffee with a friend from the "old days". I actually introduced to her hubby many many years ago (20+)
3) Ray has the room completely painted and 1/2 the flooring done. Have I mentioned he's the energizer bun bun?
4) saw a podiatrist yesterday who recommended exercises, contrast therapy (hot and cold water in tubs alternating 30 seconds as a time), and made a slight adjustment to my orthotic. I have very high arches, dorsal tendonitis and he said since my knee was replaced, he thinks this has made me more "off balance" and I'm compensating
5) Winter Carnival Coffee mmm mmm mmm
I sure hope the suggestions
Posted by Delta on 1/30/2020, 12:17 am, in reply to "Cinq Choses Pour Moi"
by the podiatrist gives you some relief. It's about time. |
Posted by Cindy on 1/29/2020, 8:55 am, in reply to "Wednesday gratitudes...."
1. Working on my training online for WW. So thankful I can do it at home AND I get paid $9,50 an hour for training, working, etc., I originally thought I would make $9.00 an hour so thatís a plus! |
2. The snow didnít dump on Hutch like we thought it might yesterday. Looks like we have some accumulation over night and thereís ice underneath it-but it could have been worse!
3. Very productive day at work yesterday! Working on monthly reports today.
4. One of my consumers finally found a job yesterday!! So happy for her!!
5. Trying to move more at work. I really struggle getting steps each day as lately especially with the weather I stay at my desk more! Trying to get in the habit of getting up every hour and walking up and down our small office. I have even been running in place in the bathroom for 60 seconds every time I use the bathroom!! Slow but sure! Iím thankful for the willingness to push myself!!
Yay for the WW pay increase
Posted by Delta on 1/30/2020, 12:11 am, in reply to "My five..."
before you even start *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*. I am just so excited for you that I can hardly contain myself that you got this job. It seems right up your alley. |
Good for you trying to get more movement into your day.
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]