Friends Supporting Friends
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]
The easiest way to avoid regrets is to ask yourself this question, "If not now, when?" It's a powerful way to put life and our decisions about how we spend our time into perspective"
Sat Grats? nt
Posted by Paula on 2/8/2020, 9:07 am
Posted by Delta on 2/8/2020, 10:39 pm, in reply to "Sat Grats? nt"
Feeling better, I think. The flu preventative has awful side effects for me; lethargy, extreme fatigue, drifting off to sleep all the time but not able to sleep except for short periods of time day or night, dizziness, diarrhea. I don't finish until Friday so I don't have great expectations for this next week. |
Daughter and all her boys have had the flu this past week. Everyone is feeling better with no fever today.
When grandson's boss found that he had flu he made up a jar of elderberry syrup from the berries in his back yard. They have all been taking it three times a day and swear it has helped them feel better than they were before he gave it to them. The pharmacies here that run out of Tamiflu have been making their own elderberry syrup for children and elderly people but they charge $20-$30 for a small bottle. That was such a sweet thing.
The cold and snow lasted less than 24 hours. Just not wanting to deal with cold this year.
DIL's best friend since grade school has been trying to get pregnant for years with no luck. Although she has stepchildren she so wanted to get pregnant but it just wasn't happening even after trying artificial insemination and she was ready to give up hope because of her age. SHE IS PREGNANT! She waited until she was almost 6 months to tell anyone because she was afraid to believe it. So excited for her!
So happy to hear
Posted by Sue on 2/9/2020, 1:17 pm, in reply to "Saturday Grats"
about the long-awaited pregnancy. I certainly can relate! Congratulations and best wishes to the expectant parents.|
So much sickness
Posted by Paula on 2/9/2020, 12:07 pm, in reply to "Saturday Grats"
Hope EVERYONE is feeling better soon. I think I read that it's been a bad flu season so far.|
Yes, there are schools closed here because of flu
Posted by Delta on 2/10/2020, 1:33 am, in reply to "So much sickness "
despite most of the people who get it had flu shots and there is this other flu-like virus that my husband and I had. Even 5 nurses at the doctor's office had flu. |
Posted by Beverly on 2/9/2020, 10:38 am, in reply to "Saturday Grats"
DIL's friend got pregnant! |
Happy to hear you are all starting to feel better!
Posted by Cindyh on 2/8/2020, 4:18 pm, in reply to "Sat Grats? nt"
Starting to feel better. So.glad this is over and hope to find I am feeling better as I do things |
New loveseat was delivered yesterday. I hope it's comfortable.
Still overwhelmed as I look around my house and things are out of place from the carpet installation Tuesday and I can't put them up. I have to ask John and that is NOT how I like it
I just saw
Posted by Delta on 2/8/2020, 7:07 pm, in reply to "Mine "
where you had that procedure on your back. I am so glad that it seems to have worked and you are feeling better. I totally understand about having things out of place and having to depend on someone else. That is difficult. I hope that you continue to improve and will be doing things yourself soon. |
Cinq Choses Pour Moi
Posted by Krista on 2/8/2020, 1:32 pm, in reply to "Sat Grats? nt"
1) Tammy working my shift at the gym tomorrow as ... |
2) we are heading to Gerry's tonight for a party. It's a combined party for about 4 of us who all have Feb birthdays. Gerry was our Best Man
3) Ray keeps the driveway clear. He's incredible. I know I know I say it alot.
4) cheap clothes from the Auction Hut
5) being on the radio today - fun when I'm only here once a week
Have a great celebration!
Posted by Delta on 2/8/2020, 7:13 pm, in reply to "Cinq Choses Pour Moi"
I'm glad that you are enjoying the radio again. |
Posted by Cindy on 2/8/2020, 12:10 pm, in reply to "Sat Grats? nt"
1. That my ankle is a little bit better today! Yesterday Ken had his yearly eye exam and we went to look at frames afterward. We were sitting down ordering them and when we were finished I stood up and had the worst pain in my right foot/ankle! It was like I had a cramp in my foot and couldnít walk it off. It was over the top of my foot and then on both sides of the ankle! Honestly I didnít know what was going on! I hobbled out to the car but swore I had broken my foot by the time I got home! Lots of ice packs alternating with my Tiger Balm (I swear by this stuff guys!) and it is a little bit better this morning. I can at least walk on it, and the pain today seems to be mostly on the inside of my ankle. More tiger balm and ice packs today. I have been prescribed potassium by my dr but never remember to take it, and have been getting cramps off and on in my foot, so I decided I have to start taking the potassium as that could be part of the problem. It really did start out feeling like a horrible foot cramp. Thankful it is better. Still a little swollen, but better. |
2. That we found a pair of glasses that Ken likes and that we could afford. Why in the world are glasses so expensive? I have thought about getting a cheaper pair online, but with Ken needing a bifocal and being so picky about his glasses, I think some things are better left up to the professionals!
3. Productive day at work this past week. Iím getting more responsibility which I love!
4. My husband Ken. He is so caring and worries about his wife! God blessed me so much by bringing this man into my life. He is my rock.
5. Coffee in the morning-who I am kidding? Coffee ANYTIME! Lol I am trying a new kind - Gloria Jeans Raspberry Chocolate Lava and it is very good! I have found with my Keurig k-cups if I drink the same flavor every single day they kind of lose their ďspecialness.Ē Does that make sense? If I switch up my Nutty Caramel after a few days to my Coconut Mocha, itís like the very first time Iíve ever had it. The taste is so amazing! So I currently have: Rasperry Chocolate Lava, Coconut Mocha, Nutty Caramel, Chocolate Glazed Donut, and Peppermint Bark! Soooo good! Love having a variety to choose from, and with the k-cups, each cup is fresh!
I used to LOVE
Posted by Delta on 2/8/2020, 7:12 pm, in reply to "My five..."
Gloria Jean's Raspberry Chocolate Lava coffee as well as some of the other flavors Gloria Jean has. I so wish I could still drink coffee. I love reading about your different kinds of coffee and how you enjoy them. I always liked to change up my coffee a lot but I never did learn to like K-cups, though the rest of my family just loves the Keirug. I hope you keep letting me live vicariously through your coffee choices. |
Itís really good...
Posted by Cindy on 2/8/2020, 9:25 pm, in reply to "I used to LOVE"
She has a Hazelnut one that I think I will try next. Do you remember any other ones you liked that would recommend?|
Not really. I did drink the hazelnut a lot
Posted by Delta on 2/8/2020, 10:50 pm, in reply to "Itís really good..."
I loved one of the regular unflavored blends, maybe breakfast blend or something like that but I can't remember which one. If I served it to guest they always raved about it. It was $16 for 12 oz at the time when I used 10% off coupons so I rarely got it. I used to get a gift basket assortment with many or all the flavors in small bags as holiday gifts and it was one of my favorite gifts. I think the raspberry chocolate truffle was my all-time favorite. I liked the Butter Pecan or Pecan pie but I can't remember which one I liked best. |
Posted by Beverly on 2/8/2020, 11:54 am, in reply to "Sat Grats? nt"
- going out to dinner tonight. Former neighbors who moved away and moved back 10 years later. I will see my former 'roadie, Alex' (helped me one summer when I worked every day) She was in 5th grade. Now she is in collage working on being a pharmacist. And - she is bringing her boyfriend. I am so happy to get to meet him. |
- pretty soft snow. Just enough to cover everything.
- love tv shows where the fbi or police have to solve a crime
- drinking Ensure or Premiere Protein to make sure I am getting enough protein.
- Rachel is making good decisions about going out or driving in the snow.
Enjoy your dinner!
Posted by Delta on 2/8/2020, 7:15 pm, in reply to "me"
Exciting about seeing your roadie grown up and meeting her boyfriend. |
Posted by Cindy on 2/8/2020, 12:28 pm, in reply to "me"
I love Premier Protein shakes! I use the caramel as creamer in my coffee! And on Weight Watchers the whole container is just 2 points! Lots of protein and tastes great too! |
Like you, I love shows where the police or profilers have to solve crimes!
Have a great time at supper tonight! So glad you are getting to get together with Alex and her boyfriend!
Posted by Paula on 2/8/2020, 9:13 am, in reply to "Sat Grats? nt"
Went to the Meet Up last night. There were about 8 women ('Finding Female Friends Past 50') Briefly talked and had a glass of wine with them at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts and then went to the atrium to listen to some Black spirituals. It was nice. My hearing is such a problem though. In a group, when people turn away from me, I can't hear them. It's embarrassing, especially with a new group I don't know. I'm just going to have to deal with it. |
My Echo Dot in here playing Bach
Neighbor stepped in to let Charlie out during the day yesterday. Bill was on his way and had a flat tire. He called Joanne and she came right over. Everyone loves my Charlie. They really do.
Hot coffee in the morning
I am so in awe of you
Posted by Delta on 2/8/2020, 7:20 pm, in reply to "Mine"
stepping out of your comfort zone to meet new people. We used to have a huge circle of friends here both individually and with other couples. All our friends have either moved on or passed away in the last few years and the church has become a very young church with families just starting out. I would love to make new friends but have no idea and would totally panic doing some of the things that you are doing. I just think what you are doing is so great. I wish some of it could rub off on me. |
Posted by Krista on 2/8/2020, 1:29 pm, in reply to "Mine"
Love hearing about you getting out and enjoying some fun new things. Deal with it by asking them not to turn away from you as you have a hearing aid Nothing wrong with that! |
Posted by Cindy on 2/8/2020, 12:24 pm, in reply to "Mine"
That you are going to these Meet Ups! You are such an adventurous woman! Love it! And love your neighbors helping you out. Charlie is a sweetie.|
Posted by Beverly on 2/8/2020, 11:40 am, in reply to "Mine"
of your neighbor to let Charlie out! |
I love spiritual music too.
[ Friends Supporting Friends ]