Can we also focus on the magnificent brooch?
Edited by John R on October 12, 2022, 11:14 am
We often focus on the big guns but let's also zoom in on the brooch Maxima was wearing! A stunning but delicate open work diamond bow brooch set with five (!) large cushion shaped PINK diamonds! The brooch has diamond and pearl tassels and was worn as a devant de corsage. Created in the first half of the 19th century, possibly Russian provenance and passed down from Princess Sophia of Wurttemberg who brought it with her in 1839. It is sometimes referred to as the Russian brooch. Interesting note: The House of Wurttemberg owned an (almost) identical piece which probably came from the other daughter of Katerina Pavlovna, Princess Marie of Wurttemberg, Countess Neipperg who died childless in 1887. The last Queen of Wurttemberg, Charlotte was photographed wearing the devant de corsage around 1910.
I canít tell from the photo, is the Stuart Diamond in place on the tiara?
Maxima - Stuart
Silvia - Braganza
Victoria - amethist
Sophia - wedding
Christina - button
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Glitter in Sweden! - Hans October 11, 2022, 2:00 pm
- Tiaras at tonight's Dutch State Banquet in Stockholm - The Royal Watcher October 11, 2022, 2:18 pm
- Re: Glitter in Sweden! - JohnPete October 11, 2022, 3:41 pm
- Re: Glitter in Sweden! - Johan October 11, 2022, 10:22 pm
- Can we also focus on the magnificent brooch? - John R October 12, 2022, 9:54 am
- More photos - Josefine October 12, 2022, 6:18 am
- Return event emerald? - Torkel October 16, 2022, 6:56 am
« Back to index | View thread »