sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 6, 2024 4:17 pm  #1

Dr. Who Meets The Beatles? It Happens On A Hard Day's Night In The UK

Yes, it's true. In the second episode of the new season starring Ncuti Gatwa as the first Black Doctor, the Time Lord and his travelling companion go back to 1960s England to watch the Beatles record their music at Abbey Road. But in typical Whovian fashion, something has happened to the Earth's timeline and the not so Fab Four are heard turning out meaningless pap in their music, something that changed the world. 

So it's up to the Doctor to set things straight and not Let It Be. 

That's just part of the review of the newly revived (again) series, and it's getting glowing praise from some critics in England. But unfortunately, unless you have Disney+ on this side of the pond, you won't be able to see it here, with the streaming giant gobbling up all the rights to the show in North America. 

Just how powerful is the Disney hold on this iconic franchise now? Consider this: they've ordered the BBC not to show it in primetime in England on May 11th and to delay its live debut until midnight British time, so it can be released at the same moment in the U.S. That's something I never thought I'd see - a U.K. show's schedule being controlled by a giant and very greedy corporation in the U.S. 

I wonder if they can send the Doctor to fix that. 

Doctor Who first look review – Ncuti Gatwa will make this show far more fun than it’s been for years

May 6, 2024 6:26 pm  #2

Re: Dr. Who Meets The Beatles? It Happens On A Hard Day's Night In The UK

I'm curious how they'll manage to include the Beatles without using any Beatles songs?

May 6, 2024 6:28 pm  #3

Perhaps since the Beatles songs in that timeline are so terrible, they can be performed by someone else and it will still fit the script. 

May 6, 2024 6:30 pm  #4

Wasn't there a movie a few years ago where a young American lad goes back in time to before the Beatles were famous, but he plays all their songs and becomes a superstar instead of them?

May 6, 2024 6:31 pm  #5

It was a 2019 flick called "Yesterday" and the trailer remains up at IMDB.com.