sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 9, 2024 8:36 pm  #1

The Original Law & Order Celebrates A Milestone

You probably didn't notice it on Thursday's original "Law & Order," but that was the 500th episode of the show that debuted in Sept. 1990. Minus a season or two when it was foolishly cancelled by NBC, it hasn't been off the air since. And it always seems to be running on cable stations somewhere, especially in the U.S. 

Here's the original TV Guide Fall Preview look at the show, before anyone had ever seen it. The first one is from the U.S. edition, the second from the one put out in Canada.

May 9, 2024 9:56 pm  #2

Re: The Original Law & Order Celebrates A Milestone

Yeah, a terrific show along with spinoffs to this day.
I'm hoping the Toronto version catches on but so far the show is kind of shaky.
It really needs some more solid recognizable stars.
I don't really think this current crew will ever become household names.

May 10, 2024 2:51 am  #3

I can't believe NBC hasn't started and all Law & Order channel yet, streaming all the different series.

May 10, 2024 7:01 pm  #4

On the heels of its 500th episode, yet another cast member is turning in her badge. 

‘Law & Order’ Bidding Farewell to Camryn Manheim

Every time someone leaves this show, they have to reshoot that opening where the cast all walk towards the camera. This will be at least the second time they've had to reshoot it for the opening credits this year

May 10, 2024 9:15 pm  #5

A lot of actors have been leaving Dick Wolf's shows in the past year or so. Most recently, Luke Kleintank from FBI International and Kara Killmer and Eamonn Walker from Chicago Fire, the former having departed already and the latter to depart after the end of this season.

I wonder why so many actors have been leaving his shows all of a sudden?

PJ

ClassicHitsOnline.com...The place where all the cool tunes hang out!

May 11, 2024 9:57 am  #6

Maybe Wolf's bite is worse than his bark ?